My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, August 04, 2008

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Food

Blog Prompt: Today is National Chocolate Chip Day. Describe your favorite chocolate chip food.

My favorite chocolate chip food is Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies. I remember when I was a teenager, I always wanted to make them at home but I wasn’t allowed to touch anything in the kitchen (because I almost burned the kitchen down once, I was not allowed to do much in it but that is a whole ‘nother story). When I was in college, I helped my roommate make these using our dorm oven. Now how hard is it to make these, right? Well about ten years ago, I tried to make these in my oven but they melted on the cookie sheet and was about 1mm thin and burned. I called my neighbor to come help me because I needed to make them for a garden club event. Being the good neighbor, she rushed over and helped me make another batch. I had her watch me closely to make sure I followed the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag which I did. But when they came out of the oven, the same thing happened. After I got done crying, I went to the store and bought the Pillsbury dough that you spoon out on the cookie sheet and bake. They came out perfect but they weren’t Tollhouse cookies. Ever since then, I’ve stuck to Chips Ahoy cookies but someday….

No comments: