My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, August 22, 2008

New River Gorge

We arrived at the New River Gorge in West Virginia yesterday and it is still as beautiful as I remember it. We walked to a few overlooks and then took the scenic drive down to the bottom of the gorge so you can look up at the awesome bridge that goes across the gorge. This drive used to be the only way to get across before they built the bridge and there is video showing how the bridge was built. While we were there, we got to see some rafters going down the rapids and it was fun to watch them. We also drove to some historic mining towns that used to exist when this was booming coal mining area. Beckley also has a coal mine exhibit too that we’ve been to before. Then last night we went to the Cliffside Theater at Grandview to see the outdoor drama Cinderella (Rodgers and Hammerstein version) which was fun but Don says it was a chick flick! I was so exhausted by the time we made it back to the hotel that I didn’t even turn on the compute.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, you are really getting to see some beautiful places and I'm so glad you are taking us with you with all your beautiful pictures.

Glynis said...

Beautiful!! How lucky you are to get to travel so much now--but it can be sooooo exhausting!