My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, December 28, 2007

Time Travel

Blog Prompt: On the twenty eighth day of December I will time-travel back to
__________________

I would time travel back to my college days at Furman University. I loved being in college, living in the dorms, surrounded by friends and knowledge. As the youngest child with sisters 10 and 12 years older than me, I felt like an only child. So, living in the dorm, I was surrounded by lots of sisters, plenty of clothes to share, lots of advice and always someone to talk to. I was never lonely because I would always have someone to do something with and there was always something to do. Back in those days we weren't allowed to have sororities but I was "rush girl" with a bunch of other girls for a fraternity. This was kind of like a fraternity auxiliary group. I was also a member of the Lutheran Student Association and Council for Exceptional Children. Plus I worked in the dining hall for breakfast, lunch, and dinner so I always saw my friends (who were my family at the time). The dining hall workers were always nurturing and encouraging to me as I studied for tests and exams. In fact they were like surrogate parents to me and rejoiced whenever I did well in my academics and helped me when I was struggling. Ahhh, those were the days!

4 comments:

Glynis said...

I saw a show the other day and Amy Grant was talking about her time at Furman and I immediately thought of you...what fun those college days are!!

Tammy said...

Sounds like a wonderful time Pat. There is nothing better than times with friends.

Sonesta said...

Isn't it wonderful to remember good times?

Unknown said...

A perfect point in time and your vivid description made it possible to see it in my mind.