My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, December 06, 2007

A Book I Want to Read

Blog Prompt: On the sixth day of December I will pick up (a book) to read because of its
On the sixth day of December I will pick up the book When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka to read because of its educational value and interesting topic. I read about this in another blog where the teacher recommended this for the classroom so I can't wait to get home to find it. Here is what she wrote about it " When the Emperor was Divine is a story of a family that is evacuated during WWII to an internment camp. The main characters in the story are the mother, her two children (sister/daughter and brother/son) and the father. The characters names are never revealed, perhaps making it a story that is universal to all of those of Japanese ancestry, living in the United States during this time."

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like one I need to look up myself. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Monica said...

I'm going to put this on my reading list. It sounds very interesting.

Sandra said...

Hmmm...must put a book request in at the local library!

Glynis said...

Tell us if it's good...I love book recommendations (but only from trusted sources) :)

mom2triplets04 said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I always enjoyed reading about WWII. It's awful how those people suffered back then.

The reason I'm here today is that I was tagged and had to tag someone with the letter L. So here I am. It's offical you are tagged.

Go to my blog for rules
http://creativetripletmom.blogspot.com/

Quanita said...

Love the sound of that book Pat. I don't know much about Japanese Ancestry, but the culture does intrigue me.