My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Toothpicks

Toothpicks Blog Prompt - The toothpick was patented in 1872. Besides the obvious use of the toothpick, is there something else you use this invention for?

I have used toothpicks for:

· Testing baked items to see if they are done

· Serving appetizers

· Wedges when fixing something

· Cleaning out small places

· Holder for string when I was beading something

· Applying glue to small places

· Manipulatives to teach math skill

· Science projects

Original image: 'Mondadientes / Escarbadientes / Palillos'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17513020@N00/392671743 by: Julián Rodriguez Orihuela

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Well heck!! I forgot all about those uses. I can always depend on you Pat to let me know about stuff. *s*