My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Carnivals

carnival4 Blog Prompt - Today is Carnival Day. Do you love or hate to go to carnivals?

I love carnivals! Of course I didn’t go to them until after I was married and had children. I am fascinated by all the lights and the excitement in the air. I love the smells of all the different foods as their aromas drift by my nose. I love the laughter in the air from all the children who are also thrilled with all the sights and sounds. I love to hear the booth operators calling to people passing by in order to entice them to visit their booths. I love the sound of the bell as young men hit a spot with a hammer to show how strong they are. I love to watch young couples as they walk with hearts in their eyes. I love to taste the hot dogs and the cotton candy and the popcorn. I love to observe the ride handlers and see how they dress and what they look like. I try to imagine what life is like traveling with a carnival. Yes, as you can tell, I love carnivals!

Original image: 'Dusk'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48600090482@N01/42095586 by: Julie Falk

1 comment:

Biffylady said...

I, too, love carnivals! And, not surprising, for all the same reasons you posted. Again...genius minds! lol