My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, November 28, 2008

At Sea on the Carnival Miracle and some DSP Prompts

Yesterday was a sea day on the Carnival Miracle. We had Arts and Crafts at 9:30 and then at 10:45 we had a special galley tour. Jogi was in charge and told lots of interesting facts. One thing that I found interesting was that they grind all the soft food scraps (no bones, egg shells) and feed the fish in the ocean with it. What a great way to recycle! I always find this tour fascinating. Then at 11:45 we had a special invitation from the Captain to tour the bridge. The 3rd officer showed us around and explained all the instruments. It was also amazing to see how computerized the instruments are but also that they had a back up of the “old way.” There were still regular compasses and they still chart the route on paper as a backup. After that tour we went to the dining room for lunch and I had the Neptune Chef Salad. At 2:15, we had line dancing lessons and then tea at 3:30. Finally we walked around the track for an hour before we returned to the cabin to prepare for dinner. The show started at 6:30 with 30 minute black and white clips of the Beatles before the actual show featuring Beatles songs. At 10:30pm, there was a comedy show so by the time the day was over, I was pretty tired.

Now I am going to catch up on some DSP blog prompts:

Monday’s Blog Prompt - Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?
We really don’t have any major Thanksgiving traditions. We usually took the five days to go traveling. One year we went to San Diego and it was wonderful. Another time we went to Houston. Now that we are retired, it looks like we will go cruising during this time because for the past 2 years, we have been on a cruise.

Tuesday’s Blog Prompt - What is your favorite Thanksgiving dinner item?
I know this will sound weird but my favorite Thanksgiving dinner item was cranberry sauce. When I was growing up, that was the only time we would have cranberry sauce so whenever we eat cranberry sauce, it brings back really great memories. Now that I’m actually cooking at home, I have been having cranberry sauce at least once a week.

Wednesday’s Blog Prompt - What are you thankful for?
Things I’m thankful for:
1. A wonderful husband
2. A wonderful family
3. Great friends (in real life and online)
4. Good health
5. Ability to pay my bills
6. Food
7. The feeling of security in my life
8. Ability to travel
9. Laptop and wifi
10. Ability to laugh
11. My digital camera
12. Ability to have sunburn turn to tan quickly
13. Books
14. Ability to teach
15. Ability to learn new things pretty easily
16. My five senses (I can’t imagine not being able to use any one of them)
17. Ability to feel happy most of the time
18. The wonderful world around me
19. The ability to pay my bills online
20. A car that gets almost 50 miles to the gallon (Toyota Prius)

There is so much more that I am thankful for but decided to stop with the top 20. I have a gratitude diary where I try to write down 5 things every day that I’m thankful for all during the year. It helps me keep a positive attitude when I am feeling down.

No comments: