My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

World UFO Day Brings Memories

Blog Prompt: Today is World UFO Day. How do you feel about that?

This prompt reminded me of a trip we had taken to Roswell, New Mexico. We had gone to Big Bend National Park and Carlsbad Cavern National Park so we decided to head up to Roswell, New Mexico. Before the UFO museum, we went by a WalMart which was very unique to this town. Outside the store was a bus stop that included a bench seat surrounded by plastic walls with aliens painted on them. It was really cute. Inside the Walmart we found lots of alien stuff but the best thing was an 8 foot tall inflatable green alien. He was magnificent and I had to have him. Luckily he packed down into a box that we were able to carry onto the plane with us when we headed home to South Carolina. Whenever we have a party, he usually comes out of the box, inflates, and joins us for a good time.

3 comments:

Beachcomber said...

Roswell New Mexico sounds like an interesting place. The inflatable green alien must be the hit of your parties. LOL

Glynis said...

LOL I LOVE IT! I want to come to a party at your house ;)

ArtcTrish said...

Oh that totally rocks!!! LOL...when ya gotta have it, ya gotta have it!