My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, July 07, 2008

Honesty

Blog Prompt: If someone asked for your advice on life, what ONE WORD would you choose to share with them and why?

I had a couple of words that first came to mind but if I had to choose only one, I would say: HONESTY. I think everything else can be built on honesty. A person’s integrity is built on honesty. People respect me because they know that if I say something, I am honest and wouldn’t say something that I know is untrue. I know that I am a control freak and when I’m in a situation that makes me anxious, I am honest with everyone involved that I want to be more flexible and may need some help with this. Just by being honest about my feelings sometimes helps me cope with a situation. Honesty leads to trust and if I can’t trust someone, I usually don’t want to be around them. So I think Being Honest would be the best advice I could give someone.

5 comments:

Momma Byrd said...

Pat - Great word. Honesty is definately in my top ten. I did faith. It's interesting to read what words popped into others' heads first.

Tammy said...

Another great word Pat!! Great response.

Unknown said...

It seems we all have come up with a different word for this prompt. Each one equally important. I agree that honesty is a high priority, for the same reason you have given.

Glynis said...

Awesome word. You are so right about living with integrity. Thanks for sharing!

heather said...

Hi Pat! Honesty is a good choice. At least if you've been honest you will always sleep well at night :)