My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

To Nap or Not to Nap

Blog Prompt: To nap or not to nap? Which side of this issue are you on?

I am finding out that a 30 minute power nap is wonderfully refreshing. Since I get up at 5am each morning (my body just wakes up automatically at this time) and most of the time I don’t go to sleep until 10 or 11pm. If I get really tired, I take a 30 minute nap (I do set my watch alarm) and then I feel great. If I sleep longer than this, I have a hard time going to sleep at night or else I feel really sluggish when I wake up. The 30 minutes is just perfect for me. Of course I don’t feel the need for a nap every day so I try to just be in tune to my body.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I hate what menopause is doing to my sleeping hours too. I guess we can both hang in there for a bit longer.

Dodie said...

I'm with you about not napping too long. I napped for four hours today (gee, that's sometimes a whole night's sleep!) and now I feel like a bag of beans.