My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Father In Law Day

Blog Prompt: Today is Father-in-Law Day. Describe your father-in-law if you have one or tell what you think a perfect father-in-law would be like.

I had the best in-laws and I really miss them now that both of them have passed away. They both were supportive of me before we were married and then after we were married. My father in law and I attended the same university, although many years apart so we bonded through that connection. He was always a very calm and dependable kind of person. As a student, I would spend many nights at my future in laws house (they kicked my future hubby out to the couch in the livingroom and I was given his bedroom). Every morning before I left for school, my future father in law cooked me breakfast and sent me off to school. He seemed glad when I finally agreed to marry his son. Whenever my family was going through rough times, he was always there for us. When our house caught on fire, there was never any doubt that he would allow us to live with them until we found another home. When our car broke down on the Blue Ridge Parkway, he drove hours in order to rescue us. As you can tell, I still miss him but I’m glad I got to spend the time I did with him before complications from diabetes was just too much for him.

Original image: 'If Mamma aint happy...' http://www.flickr.com/photos/85966598@N00/210650722

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He sounds perfect, much like my own FIL.

Beachcomber said...

He sounds like he was a great FIL.

Tammy said...

Sounds like a wonderful guy, Pat.