My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Boredom and Yellow Pigs

Thursday’s Blog Prompt: July is National Anti-Boredom Month. What are some of the things you do when you are bored.

When I am bored, I:
1. Play on my computer
2. Read a book
3. Garden
4. Knit
5. Hike
6. Eat
7. Watch TV
8. Visit friends
9. Go to the library
10. Go Shopping

Friday’s Blog Prompt: Today is Yellow Pig Day. Now I’m sure you wonder what Yellow Pig Day is so here is the explanation “Yellow Pig Day is a mathematician's holiday celebrating yellow pigs (is there such a thing!?!), and the number 17. It is celebrated annually since the early 1960's, primarily on college campuses, and primarily by mathematicians.” Make up or tell a story about the number 17.

One day when I was 17, I wished that I had 17 dollars. At the time, I didn’t have any money. Of course I was 17 many many years ago and 17 dollars could buy a lot. I could buy 17 hamburgers to eat if I was hungry. I could also use the 17 dollars to go roller skating 17 times (the roller skating rink was pretty cheap back then). I could use 17 dollars to buy clothes at the store (clothes were much cheaper back then too). If I had 17 dollars back then I would have thought I was rich. For me, 17 dollars was as good as 17 hundred dollars when I was a teenager!


Current News:

Yesterday, we went to the NC Museum of Transportation (one of our favorite museums) in Spencer, NC. We splurged and rode the 30 min. train ride too. After lunch we went to a few antique stores before it started to rain. It was a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So much for being bored. Doesn't look like you have time to be bored, LOL. And, yeah, I can remember when 17 dollars would buy alot. Now how many penny candies would it buy?