My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Success

Blog Prompt: What is your definition of 'success'? Do you know any 'successful' people who inspire you?

Success to me means achieving your goals that enable you to be independent without doing harm to others. I feel I have been very successful in my career and in my personal life. That doesn't mean I haven't had my ups and downs but more ups than downs. I believe that you have to constantly work on your life and not take it for granted or think that things work out for themselves.

I have known many successful people and try to surround myself with successful people. I like to watch and see what they do that makes them successful so I can try the same techniques. I think their positive attitudes and outlook on life is contagious. There are so many people at DSP that I feel are successful and I love to read the blogs of my many successful friends. This has me feeling good so I can work on my own life.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

You should be so proud of yourself after being a teacher for so many years and being able to retire from such a successful career. Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Yes I often think that success is a state of mind. If you feel successful then you are successful. I guess that's why many people who you might consider successful still keep searching. They don't feel successful. Or fmaybe they just don't know how to measure it properly.

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Karen. Success is a state of mind and not a goal to reach. How you view yourself is the only true measure of success. And you are definitely a successful person.