My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My Favorite Cookie

Blog Prompt: What's your favorite cookie? Do you make it? Does someone else? Do you buy it?

I actually have 2 favorite cookies depending on what mood I'm in. I love chocolate chip cookies and pecan sandies. Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies and Keebler Pecan Sandies are my favorite store bought cookies. Homemade chocolate chip cookies are the best! I don't usually make any because I'm a terrible cook/baker. I tried one time to make chocolate chip cookies for a meeting I had the next day. I used the Tollhouse recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag but they all burnt on the cookie sheet. I went, in tears, across the street to my neighbor who came over to help me make another batch. She has made "millions" because she loves to cook and bake. Again we followed the recipe on the back of the bag. Again they burned! She began to back away from me thinking I was cursed by the Kitchen God! She said that this has never happened to her before and now that I think about it, I don't think she ever walked in my kitchen again before she moved.

7 comments:

heather said...

LOL Those recipe writers have got a lot to answer for! :)

Tammy said...

I am so glad to see someone else can mess up Toll House cookies!!

Stephani said...

I don't even attempt to bake cookies. It is just safer that way. lol! I love pecan sandies too they were my grandmother's favorite so whenever I eat them I think of her.

Glynis said...

LOL! That's a great story! And those are some of my favorite store-bought cookies, too!

Anonymous said...

I'm cursed in a completely different aspect! I love to bake. I always joke that I'd loose 40 pounds if I would just stop baking. I love peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips - they are probably my favorite. Perhaps you're my neighbor - I'd be happy to share my cookies - it's always better to share!

~H

Unknown said...

It's the butter; try shortening instead and they shouldn't burn (or as badly anyway).

Canay said...

Oh no...not good for neighborly realtions! It could just be the type of pan you used, or your oven cooks hot...who knows! But, nothing wrong with store bought!