My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Daily Routine

Blog Prompt: What is the most tedious or boring part of your daily routine/job? What is the most creative?

The most boring part of my job is running off copies on the copy machine. Thank goodness I have a full time assistant who runs off my papers. I hate when she is absent and I have to actually work the "monster." I like my papers to be front and back and I don't have the patience to figure out how to get it run off the way I want.

The most boring part of my daily routine is whenever it gets dark. I hate darkness and night. It seems like nighttime goes on forever. The only good thing about nighttime is that daylight will be here next! I get antsy because I wish it was light enough to do more gardening. I could do more hiking if it didn't get dark (I'm NOT a moonlight hiker!)

The most creative time of day for me is the mornings. I do my best thinking and working in the morning. I get up at 4:45 am and walk on my treadmill for 30 min. I do my best problem solving at that time. I check my email and answer necessary things before 6am. I love to do scrapping and gardening before 9am (ooooh, I can't wait for retirement!). I get to work by 7:15 and have until 8:15 before students arrive in my classroom. I do most of my planning and preparation during that time.

4 comments:

JoAnn said...

You get up at 4:45 and get on a treadmill? You, girl, rock!

Tammy said...

I like that brain work I get when the dog and I take our morning walks! You seem to be able to solve all the days problems.

heather said...

Oh Pat! I want to be like you when I grow up! I am so NOT a morning person, all my thinking time is at nighttime! How I would LOVE to get to work early and get all my planning done then!!!!!!!! Not to mention have a full-time assistant - I am deeply envious!!! LOL And I know what you mean about back-to-back copies - there is no way I would attempt that - those copier machines are brutal!! LOL

Unknown said...

I'm not particularly fond of night time either; but more because I am afraid I'll miss something going on.