My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Poem

Blog Prompt: Let's write a poem. Try a haiku, rhyming, or any other style you like.
Approaching Retirement

As I get ready for retirement
I look all around.
I think about what I’m leaving
For adventures that will abound.

It’s sad to leave my career of teaching,
And worry that memories will fade.
It’s sad to leave my students
And miss all the progress they’ve made.

I hope that I’ve been able
To touch many lives
And hope I’ll continue to do so
When a new challenge arrives.

I don’t know where I’m headed
And if I’ll know when I reach it.
But I know I’ll enjoy trying
And have fun every minute.

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

That's a great poem, Pat! When retirment comes for you, I imagine you will fill it with amazing adventures!

Unknown said...

A wonderful piece of poetry that really touches the heart and speaks to so many who are beginning a new adventure.

Stephani said...

Oh! This turned out GRREAT! I am so impressed!!!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful poem. I hope you have a wonderful time in your retirement.

Anonymous said...

That's a great poem Pat. And i have no doubt at all that you'll enjoy the new journey to wherever you end up next.
And I love your new look blog.