My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, February 27, 2009

When My Birthday Comes Along...

Blog Prompt - How do you feel about celebrating your birthday?

Normally we don’t make a big deal about birthdays because I pretty much get whatever I want when I want it. We usually go out for dinner and that is nice. But this year, I am going to turn 50 and for some unknown reason, I’m excited. I know we won’t do anything special but I love the thought that I will be 50. I feel grown up (not grown old). I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am doing what I want to do and feel financially secure that I don’t have to worry about the future (even during these tough economic times) because we were frugal and saved wisely. I feel content with my life too. So I’m really happy about celebrating my birthday because I’m still alive, happy, and healthy. I don’t want a party of any sort because I hate to be the center of attention but I will mention it if I’m in a group of people at the time. I hope you feel the same way when your birthday comes around.

PS: Think of me as I get interviewed this Sunday about my blogs!

Original image: 'Birthday Cake' http://www.flickr.com/photos/15594900@N00/384076624

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Pat!! Good luck with the interview. I can't wait to see the video, if there is one.

I kind of felt like you did about turning 50. Check with me in 9 years to see if I feel the same at 60. hehehe

Unknown said...

I felt that way turning 50 (3 years ago, LOL) and still do.

I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your interview. Soooo excited for you.