My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Out of Sight Foods

Blog Prompt - What foods do you keep out of sight?

I have absolutely no willpower so if I shouldn’t eat it, I need to just not buy it. But my loving husband wants to get me food that I like in case I feel a need to eat it, even if I shouldn’t. So, lately it is salt and pepper potato chips. Since we are counting calories and keeping a diary of the food we eat, I really don’t like to see the numbers jump up when I eat the chips. But, it is like that quote in the movie Field of Dreams where Kevin Costner hears the voice that says, “If you build it, they will come.” In my house, the voice says, “If you buy it, they will eat it!” I can’t even hide the food because I know it is there. I have a sharp memory so I don’t buy things and forget about them plus I feel it is a waste of money if I let the food just sit there and get old. So that is my guilty secret and don’t tell anyone!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Mine is chip dip. If it's something planned, I can't buy it until the afternoon before we are to eat it.
Even the morning . . . I will eat it all before evening!

And, my daughter, she has the same weakness. We're the dipping girls!

Chips I can avoid . . . unless there's dip in the house!

Evangelesse said...

I'm with you on the will power. I should just not buy it - especially potato chips!

We do seem to have lived parallel lives. We've just got to sit down and talk over coffee. And please feel free to leave comments on my daughter's freshman blog! Anyone is allowed to. She thinks I'm cool now because I have internet saavy friends. Teenagers!