My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Donating to a Charity

Blog Prompt - If you had to donate one million dollars to any charity, which one would it be and why?

I would donate my money to the Lupus Foundation. My oldest sister was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 6 years old and she was 18. She died when she was 27. My mother had Lupus when she died of emphysema. My middle sister also has Lupus and has lived with it for years. She is on so much medicine and has so many complications from it that I worry about her a lot. I don’t know why I am the only one who has not gotten Lupus but I have given my blood to a research center so they can try to find a cure. I try to eat healthy and get a lot of exercise which I hope keeps the trigger for Lupus away.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

OH my gosh Pat. I had no idea. I didn't know know it effected families like that. I hope they find a cure soon and only good thoughts for you. *big hugs*

Unknown said...

I always wondered whether it was heriditary and sounds like it might be. I can see why you would want to donate to them and just by donating blood you may be doing a bigger favor. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they could find something in your blood that they could develop a cure for lupus.