My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Traveling Companion

Blog Prompt: Who is your favorite traveling companion? Or is there some historical figure or fictional character with whom you would like to share a trip?

My favorite traveling companion is my husband. He is so much fun to be with because when things get messed up, he always makes it into a fun adventure. Never losing his temper about stuff, whenever there is a change in our schedule or I get us lost (which is a common thing), he just finds something good about what is happening. Also when we get stranded or something terrible happens, he always has a level head and doesn't get hysterical (which I tend to do). He is firm and insistent to whomever is in charge but never nasty or threatening. This usually works in our favor.

We were stranded in Jackson Hole, WY when our luggage didn't arrive when we did. We were supposed to camp in Yellowstone so our tent, backpack, and gear was all missing. This means we had no place to stay and no clothes other than the shorts and tshirts we were wearing. We were told that if our luggage appeared they would send it to our hotel but we had no hotel because our tent was our hotel and the airport closes for the night. After talking to the airline personnel, we ended up getting a room (a pilot was kicked out and had to share a room with someone else), we had our rental car and went to a local outfitter to rent new gear. The outfitters rented us all new stuff and before we left the next day, we checked with the airport and there was our backpacks! The wonderful outfitters took back all of their stuff and refunded all of our money! It is so nice to know that there are such nice people in the world!

We showed up in Paris, France without a hotel reservation, not knowing that it was Pentecost - the busiest time there. Walking around with our rolling luggage, we hunted for a hotel. One wonderful hotel was full but got us a room at their other location. I tried to give them my credit card number to hold the room but they insisted they didn't need it and the room would be waiting on us when we got there.

God takes care of drunks and fools so since I'm the fool, my hubby must be the drunk! LOL

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Pat! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I so miss the blog prompt thing, but i just don't have the time! I still "check" on you guys every now and then! Nice to read your blog! I like the travel theme you guys are doing at the moment. Take Care!
Bonnie

Denise said...

I would have died if my tent was missing... you handled it well! It's great to have a calm hubby.

Unknown said...

Well I never would have thought that of either of you, LOL. Glad to hear that everything turned out in the end.

Glynis said...

It's great to hear good stories about people instead of all the negative stuff...thanks for sharing!