My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, October 26, 2007

DSP prompts week of 10/22/07

Monday 10/22 blog prompt: What is the first thing you'd go out and buy if someone handed you one million dollars?

I would buy an huge RV and a driver to take us all around the United States.

Tuesday 10/23 blog prompt: Tell us--in glorious detail--about something you're embarrassed to admit you like...

I like to swing on the swings in the playground. Of course I only do that if no one is around and can see me (other than my husband). I love to feel the air go by my face and freedom that surrounds me. I love feeling like a kid again.

Wednesday 10/24 blog prompt: Fill in the blank to make this old quote fit you: 'I _____; therefore I am.'

I hike, therefore I am. I know that doesn’t surprise many of you but it is true. I love to walk and hike. Hiking keeps me physically and emotionally fit so it is an important thing in my life. While I’m hiking I think about many things that are going on in my life and helps me sort out my priorities. I also feel very close to God when I’m out in nature and I feel that all is right with the world.

Thursday 10/25 blog prompt: What books have you abandoned (without finishing) and why?

I have to admit that I haven’t abandoned any book that I was reading, no matter how bad it is. I usually think that surely the book will get better. It must have some redeeming quality and I never give up hope until I’ve read the last page. Usually I end up complaining about how I wasted my time reading that book but I never give up on it.

Friday 10/26 blog prompt: Is there something that you dream about doing? Being a dancer? Traveling around the world? Learning a new skill? Have you taken any steps toward achieving that goal?

Since I’ve recently retired, I’m in the process of fulfilling my dream of traveling. I think my short term goal is to learn how to roller blade. Two years ago I bought roller blades, pads, and a helmet. I tried it once and thought I looked ridiculous. Then I gave the excuse that I would do it when I retired because it won’t be good to teach with broken bones. Now I say it wouldn’t be great to travel with broken bones. I’m trying to get enough courage to try again. I may try it in my backyard on the grass.

3 comments:

Rusheika said...

welcome back! I hope you get up the courage to rollerblade soon! Be sure to let us know all about it!

Unknown said...

Can't say that I have ever wanted to try roller blading; but I did get to try out the heelies. Loved all your responses.

Glynis said...

Yeah, I love to swing too. And I just can't make myself rollerblade :)