My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mode of Travel Preference

Blog Prompt: Planes, trains, autos or boats -- which is your preferred method of travel?

I love all of them because I love to travel. Of course, all of them have their own perks.

We travel mostly by car because our new car (7 months old) gets 50 mpg. We visit my parents alot in Palm Beach, FL and my sister on Long Island, NY. I also have to go to Washington DC three times a year for meetings. Once a year our annual convention is in different places so last year was Louisville, KY and this coming year is in Boston. The best part of traveling by car is that I can pack whatever I want and not worry about weight or having to cart it from transportation to hotel and back.

We haven't done any long distance traveling by train but my hubby loves trains and we hope to go across Canada someday on a train. I have taken Amtrak from SC to FL when I was in college and it was not a good experience for a young girl who has never traveled alone before.

Boats are fantastic. We are getting ready to go on our 14th cruise so does that tell you how we feel about them? I love the all you can eat food the best!

Planes are fun because they get you from one place to the other and fast. My problem is that your bags can only way a certain weight. Since my hubby is into public transportation, we usually take a subway or metro to our hotel and wheel our suitcase behind us. I also have a backpack with my laptop, junk food, digital camera etc. so I can't pull anything else except the suitcase and backpack. I love to read or listen to my IPOD and my hubby loves to look out the window so we both enjoy the trip.

As you can tell, I'm happy with any of them as long as they take me somewhere else.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

You guys are true modern-day vagabonds! Adventure seekers!

My Honda hybrid gets about 50MPG, and when we drove across country (2000 miles from Vegas to Cininnati), I swear we only gassed it up three times. That was the neatest part of that roadtrip...watching the gastank never drain.

Stephani said...

LOL! I had to giggle at that last little bit of your post there! I totally agree....as long as it takes me somewhere else. I am GOOD! lol! lol! lol!

Anonymous said...

My DH has always wanted to take a train ride somewhere as well.

Glynis said...

You're just too easy to get a long with, Pat!! You make all of them sounds like fun...especially the all-you-can-eat cruises :)

Unknown said...

Yep, I have to take a cruise and the sooner the better, LOL.