My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Candied Yams

Blog Prompt: Do you have a recipe you would like to share yyamsou will have on Thanksgiving?

Mine is a simple one and I love to eat these. For some reason, I only make this at Thanksgiving when we are home.

CANDIED SWEET POTATOES (YAMS)

sweet potatoes
brown sugar
ground cinnamon
butter

  1. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch round slices. Arrange potatoes in a lightly greased baking dish (approx. 13”x9”x2”).
  2. Dab little slices of butter on top of each slice.
  3. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
  4. Bake at 350 for an hour.
Original image: 'Yammies'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48496790@N00/2060671784 by: Jill Matsuyama

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Another yummy recipe!! I love them too at Thanksgiving. Never fix them any other time either. hhhhhmm