My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, October 27, 2008

The Talking Laptop

Blog Prompt: Alan "Rocky" Lane (voice of Mr. Ed - the talking horse - and actor in Red Ryder and more) died of bone cancer October 27, 1973. See ButlerWebs Music Lyrics page for the words to "Mr. Ed" - Theme Song). If you could give a voice to something in your life that can’t talk, what would it be?

I would love for my laptop to talk. Whenever I can’t get something to work, it would be able to tell me what I’m doing wrong. Or if I wanted to learn something new, it would tell me step by step how to do it. Or maybe I can’t find a file and it would tell me where it was on the hard drive. If it was not feeling well, it could tell me before something bad happened to it’s hard drive.

· Then after reading Tammy’s blog, I started thinking of what else it would say like:
· Haven’t you been on here long enough? Shouldn’t you be doing some housework?
· Do you not have a life? Why are you on here so much?
· Did you ever think my keyboard was tired of you pounding on it all day? All you think about is yourself!
· Why do you keep putting things on my hard drive? How would you like it if I kept loading you down with weight?
· Oh, no! Now she is stuffing me in that backpack so she can lug me all over the world. Here we go again.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Oh my goodness, this made me laugh so hard!! I don't even want to THINK about carrying the weight of all the crud I put on my poor computer!

Thanks for the laugh today!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... don't know if I could handle being bossed around by my computer Pat. It already dictates more of my life that is good for it.