My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Imperfections

Blog Prompt: Sometimes it is our little nicks, dents, and imperfections – that make us able to relate to other people. How have you seen evidence of this in your own life?

Oh boy, do I have lots of nicks, and dents, and imperfections in my own life! Growing up as a minority, I think I can relate to those who face prejudice in their lives and can share how I cope with it. Paying my own way through college because we didn’t have a lot of money has helped share my stories with others who have struggled with financial difficulties. Having two daughters who suffer from bipolar disorder, I hope that I can help others understand that this is a medical problem and not something to be ashamed or embarrassed about anymore than you would if you had diabetes or only one leg. Losing all my hair and going bald due to stress was so traumatic for me and has helped me encourage others to do things that will relieve stress. Doing things and not succeeding all of the time has helped me be understanding and nurturing when others don’t always achieve their goals.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, Pat. We need to spread you around with all your knowledge. What do you charge per hour? hehehe

Glynis said...

Fantastic post, Pat! I agree with Tammy...you should be a motivational speaker :)

Webfrau said...

Great answer and what a life you've had!