My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Catching up and Teaching

Wednesday blog prompt: Look at the pictures on your walls. Pick one and write about it.

There is a sketch of me that was done by an artist in Piazza Navona which is in Rome, Italy. I have never had anyone do this of me before and it was a little scary. We didn’t know that he was actually a pretty famous artist and had done famous people including Dennis Rodman until after he had finished my sketch. I can’t believe that we didn’t get his name but I think we were in shock when we found out about him. The sketch is actually the best I’ve ever seen of myself (of course it makes me look pretty good as well as thin) so I’m proud of it.

Thursday blog prompt: Are you grateful for right now?

I am very grateful for my life right now. I’m healthy and happy and all’s right with the world. I love my husband and I love being with him. Dinner turned out well and he really enjoyed it too. My knitting is waiting for me when I am ready to work on it. I’m getting caught up with things waiting for me on the computer. It just rained which means I don’t have to go out and water the lawn. My parents and sister who live far away from me are doing well healthwise right now. My bills are all paid. I finished my 4 mile exercise walk before the rain so I am feeling pretty good right now.

Teaching:

I am back in the classroom teaching Nature of Learning Disabilities. I am always nervous the first day of class but I get over it pretty quickly. I really like the students in my class and they seem interested in what I have to say (or else they are faking it really well!). Besides the basic content about Learning Disabilities, I’m also incorporating a lot of technology in the lessons because I feel it is so important. This week my students was introduced to our class wiki, started a blog, signed up for Google Reader, and Plurk. I’m very pleased with all that they have done so far. The only glitch we had was that I found out their textbook is a later edition than mine so I have to redo some lessons with the current edition of the book. But part of teaching is being flexible and ready for anything. If this is the worst thing that can happen the whole time, I’m very happy.

No comments: