My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Sunny Florida

031 We are here visiting my parents in Florida and the weather has been absolutely wonderful. The days fly by so quickly with running errands and visiting. Then my father has been cooking us dinner and making Chinese meals that I love so much.

After dinner we spend the evening playing a card game called Scat. The object is to get 31 points or 3 of a kind. Everyone starts out with 4 chips. You get as close to 31 as you can and then you knock on the table. Everyone has one last chance to get points. The lowest one loses a chip. If someone has 31 points or 3 of a kind (called scat), everyone loses a chip. When you lose all chips, you are out of the game and it is played until the last one with chips is the winner. It is so much fun to play and we get to visit while we play.

We leave in two days for our cruise. I’m so upset that my stupid rash is back. Last week the doctor put me on prednisone and gave me a prescription for some cream which I had hoped would clear it up. I finished the prednisone on Saturday and yesterday the rash returned. I hope it doesn’t get back while we are on the cruise.

Today we are heading to Ft. Lauderdale to do some shopping at the outlet mall. It should be a fun day!

No comments: