My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Carnival Day 6 Jamaica

025 We arrived in Ocho Rios, Jamaica around 8am. Our tour ($75 per person) began at 8:15 which was the Ultimate Beach Break at Dolphin Cove and Dunn’s River Falls. First we went to the falls. They rented water shoes if you didn’t have any but we had our rubber clogs. Then we rented a locker for $8 and when you returned the lock you got $3 back. I was able to fit my whole backpack in it and there were still lots of room if I needed it. Finally we made a human chain and climbed up the 950 foot waterfall. It was a wonderful adventure and I’m glad that we did it.

052 Then we went to Dolphin Cove where there was unlimited rum punch and food along with sharks and dolphins and complimentary beach chairs. But the wind was blowing and the waves were strong so we decided not to stay on the beach. We walked along the jungle trail and I took a picture with an iguana. There were also 089 lots of golden silk spiders and webs around. It also began to rain on and off so we got on the shuttle and went to the shopping area. We were able to get our Hard Rock Café magnet. Then we walked back to the ship and had lunch on the ship.

We rested until it was time to leave the port and then get ready for formal night at dinner. We also went to the show.

I enjoyed Jamaica and I’m glad we walked up the falls but my legs and arms are sore tonight. I guess I’m just not as young as I thought I was.

No comments: