My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Carnival Liberty Days 1 and 2

Day 1 Embarkation

We had a wonderful embarkation in Miami. I think we were so surprised because we dreaded coming to this port. In the past, it has always been chaotic and unorganized but this time was totally different! From the time we were dropped off, it only took us 15 minutes to board the ship and get in line for lunch. I’m extremely pleased with this! At lunch we met another couple that we met on the Glory last September! 012

Our cabin is at the front of the ship right under the bridge. We have a nice porthole seeing the deck out front. I think it is a nice cabin but Don thinks it is smaller than the inside cabins we have had. I think he just doesn’t like change.

We stood out on the deck and watched them switch an anchor which was an 017exciting drama. It involved a couple of forklifts and one of them looked like a hummer forklift. Then the huge chain got caught on one of the dock cleats so that was more drama. One man told us that the anchor split last week at Half Moon Cay so they had to get a new one.

After the muster drill we met with the other people from cruisecritics.com at the aft lido bar. We met a lot of nice people and even had a quiz to take. I came in second and won some wind chimes!

We had dinner in the silver dining room and Elvis was our maĆ®tre’d. The other two couples were Renee and Scotty from Ohio and Kathy and Bryce from Nashville. It was a pleasant evening.

After dinner we watched the country line dancing lessons and then walked around the ship. Before going back to our cabin, Don ate a pastrami sandwich and I ate another piece of Black Forest gateau (chocolate cake with bing cherries). It was wonderful!

Day 2 At Sea

It was a wonderful day! I ate an omelet at 7:30am and then when I woke Don up at 9am, we went to the dining room for breakfast. I had some French toast and bacon while Don had eggs benedict. After breakfast we attended the talk about shore excursions and before long, it was lunch time. After lunch we walked around the ship and just relaxed. By 4pm, we had to get ready for formal night.

The Captain’s celebration was at 5pm and we got to meet the hotel director Pier, and the head of guest relations. When the captain walked by, he did a double take because he recognized us. He spent a lot of time talking with us until he had to leave and mingle with other guests.

At dinner we had two new couples join us – Vern and Lorinda from Nova Scotia and Dale and Chris from upstate NY. They were really nice. Scotty and Renee must have gotten moved to be with their group of 9 at the later seating that they wanted. Dinner was prime rib and lobster which was fantastic. Dessert was Cherries Jubilee.

After dinner we went to the show which I always enjoy and then at 10:45 was the adult comedy show by Phat Kat. I was surprised how packed the room was! It was a funny show and I’m glad I stayed awake for it! Finally by midnight we were back in our cabin.

No comments: