My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Computer Space

Just to set the stage, there is just my husband and me in our house, which is about 75 years old in a tiny town in South Carolina. We have no children or pets living at home with us so we should have plenty of space, but we don't. I spend most of my computer time in my "playroom" or my bedroom.

In the evenings, I'm usually in my bedroom, which has no windows because it is smack in the middle of this old house. My bed is a king size bed that raises up and down (head or feet) because my husband has a bad back and this was supposed to help but it doesn't. We also have a new big screen HDTV in our bedroom so even though I'm on my laptop and he is watching TV, we are spending quality time together.

If it is in the morning or the afternoons, I'm in the "playroom". This room began as a storage building for our junk, then became a sun room on the back of my house for my plants, and then became a "playroom" with an added wooden deck along the whole width of the house. My house was an L shape in the back so we decided to square it all in. Along the 2 walls we put windows so my plants could get plenty of sun and I could see my flowerbeds in my backyard. Then we decided to put in a tile floor because we liked tile floors. Of course my hubby had to have a hot tub, which he has always wanted and I didn't want it outside because I didn't want to go outside to use it. So, the contractor actually had to take out the wall to get the hot tub in (It's 8 ft x 8 ft and the window was only 6 ft wide.). Once we got the hot tub, I had to have a bathroom with shower added so we didn't get any carpet wet. Then I decided on patio furniture so we could sit at the table even if we are wet. Of course after that, my hubby just had to have a pool table (which we never play on more than once a year.) So, we have this huge room full of windows and pull down shades, but still have no storage space! I sit at the glass patio table in front of the windows which overlook my huge backyard and work on my computer. I especially love to sit there and watch the birds visit my water garden on the back deck. Because I find it so relaxing, I love to sit here in the early mornings and check my email, visit DSP and read the new posts, and do some scrapbooking. It's probably my favorite room in the whole house.

7 comments:

Meg said...

LOL, Pat!! Your description of your playroom had me laughing harder with every sentence! I love it! Thanks for sharing your space!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Sounds like a wonderful space. I love the story behind it

Glynis said...

It sounds like a great room! You've described it beautifully!

Unknown said...

I'm going to visit. Sounds absolutely wonderful.

heather said...

How great you have your own room and get to look out a window - I think that's an essential. Love your TV/computer quality time - sounds like the dh and me!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, a sunroom (or in my case, a kitchen that gets sun all day) is a necessity - it sounds wonderful :o) I laughed too with how you kept adding to the room - that's the sort of thing we would do :o)

ArtcTrish said...

Ohhhh-can I come to your house?