My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend

My weekend turned out very different than what I had planned; not bad, just different. We left for VA around 4pm and arrived at the campground by 9:30pm. We got the last campsite and we could only get it for one night. Right after we got our tent set up, it started to pour down rain with high winds and thunder. But at least we were warm and dry in our tent so I just listened to my Ipod and went to sleep. The next morning we found out that 4 people on horseback were struck by lightning. The hiking trail we had planned to take had a gate closed and a padlock on it so we couldn't go on it. After that we drove to a couple of campgrounds to find a site but had no luck so we got on the Blue Ridge Parkway and stopped along the way. Unfortunately parts of the parkway were closed so we had to get off of it and ended up driving all the way home. We had a nice drive at least and the weather was beautiful.

This morning I got up early and spread 10 bales of pine straw down in my flower beds before it got hot. Then I woke my hubby for breakfast. After breakfast we decided to go see The DaVinci Code but I was disappointed because it wasn't as good as the book. The rest of the day we were just lazy and watched TV because it was so hot outside.

Who knows what we will do tomorrow. But it doesn't matter as long as my hubby and I are together. Maybe I will have time to do some scrapbooking!

2 comments:

Glynis said...

Sounds like a fun weekend anyway. And I hope you do get time to scrap--that always makes a weekend worthwhile in my opinion! LOL

Unknown said...

You had a fun weekend planned, sorry that it was cut short, but like you said at least it was quality time spent together.