My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Room Description

Blog Prompt: Room by room... Pick a house you have lived in during the course of your life and give us a room by room description.

Since I have already told you about my “playroom”, I will tell you about my bedroom in the house that I grew up in on Long Island, New York. After my sister died when I began tenth grade, I moved out of the bedroom that I shared with her and moved into the smaller bedroom that my other sister used to sleep in before she got married. I was allowed to paint it any color or colors that you want so I painted one wall Kelly green and the other 3 walls a contrasting mint green. I couldn’t believe my parents let me do this. My twin size bed was on the right against the wall. There was an end table for my lamp, alarm clock, and a place for my book and glasses. On the opposite wall from my bed was this ceiling high wall to wall wooden bookshelf that my father which had a spot for my black and white TV. There was also a leaf that opened up into a desk beside the TV. This room was my sanctuary when teenage angst got too much for me. I slept in this room until I left for college three years later.

Photo credit: The Sanctuary by Manic Street Preacher

No comments: