My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our 59th Anniversary Letter (in the future)

Blog Prompt: In this exercise write a letter to your spouse/significant other for your 59th anniversary. You can do this in the past, present or future tense.
(This is definitely for the future because we are about to celebrate our 26th anniversary on the 26th of June!)

Dearest Hubby,

I can’t believe it has been 59 years because it seems like yesterday we just got married. Every year has gotten better and better. I’m so glad we’ve had a wonderful life together and I really am excited about the future.

Living with you has never been boring and each day you always surprised me with something new. Remember the first year we got married and we fought like cats and dogs? I remember the year we retired from work in 2007 and how excited we were about spending retirement together. The next spring we traveled for 3 months straight and I was afraid whether we would get on each other’s nerves, but we didn’t. I loved going to Macchu Picchu, the Taj Mahal, and the Sphinx in 2010 when the depression had ended. We hiked to the top of Macchu Picchu and I don’t think I ever saw anything so beautiful.

Being a frugal husband, you always made sure we took at least 3 cruises each year and now I wonder where you are taking me on our 59th anniversary cruise. We’ve sailed around the world and been on every ship there is so I wonder which one we will go on. I’m glad we stayed healthy all these years and continue to hike and backpack. It makes me sad to see people get older and stop exercising and taking care of themselves. I think our activities are what is keeping us young! Thank you for so many wonderful years together!

I’ll love you forever!
Love, Pat

photo credit: hot love by avdgaag

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Another tear jerker. What a beautiful letter.

Glynis said...

Oh, Pat. Beautifully written! Pass the kleenexes, Tink :)

ArtcTrish said...

Awww....y'all are killing me! Very sweet and I hope you both do continue to hike and stay healthy! Its a wonderful goal for growing old together!