My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Charleston, SC 1/27/11

We had a wonderful day today. I picked up hubby’s prescription refill before we left town. It took us about 3 hours to get to Charleston and the first place we went to was a local yarn store called Knit (89 Wentworth St. in downtown Charleston). Of course I found some yarn I just had to buy and a book on001 sale. Hubby asked me what I was going to make with it and I said, “I don’t know yet!” He just doesn’t understand! Once I felt this yarn, it had to go home with me. After that we went to the Tanger Outlet mall to register our AAA cards for the year. Now any other Tanger Outlet mall we go to, we each get a $5 gift card. When we go to Myrtle Beach next week, we will go to 2 Tanger Outlet malls and so we will end up with $20 in gift cards.004 We ate lunch at this neat place called the Boulevard Diner in Mt. Pleasant. Don had spicy shrimp and grits ($10) and I had French Onion Soup ($5) and Spinach Salad ($7).

Then we hit 2 antique stores which made hubby happy. Don found some postcards and 2 pictures he liked at one store. I found 2 knitting books at the other store. Then we went to The Wreck in Mt. Pleasant for dinner. It is a little out of the way, nondescript place along the waterfront. The place doesn’t even have a name on the building so005 unless you know it is a restaurant, you wouldn’t probably stop here. It was a little pricey but it was good. I had crab cake on fried green tomato and Don had fried oysters and our bill came to $42.

Now we are tucked in at the Hampton Inn (on Sessions Way). The staff here is really great. When we arrived I was given a bag of chips and a bottle of water. When we arrived after dinner, we were given two chocolate chip cookies from Otis Spunkmeyer. Tomorrow the shuttle picks us up at noon to take us to the ship and our adventure begins!

No comments: