My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Carnival Fantasy – At Sea 1/29/11

(For more pictures, click here.)

It was a very relaxing day today. I woke up and went to the Lido deck and tried to get on the wifi but I couldn’t do it. Then I went down to the internet café and was able to connect. There were 3 pricing plans: 60 min/$24.00 or 30 min/$16.50 or .75 per minute pay as you go.

I’m glad that I bought the time though because when I checked my email, I found out that one of my rental houses was broken into and the refrigerator and stove had been stolen! Now we have to deal with that when we get home! But at least I’m able to stay in touch with my property manager.

Next I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for an hour. I’m hoping this will help me from gaining so much weight on this cruise. There were lots of people using the treadmills while I was there.

By the time I was done, Don was awake and we ate breakfast in the dining room. After breakfast we walked around until it was time to hear the cruise director, Risa talk about the ports. When this was 007over, we walked around some more until it was time for lunch which we ate in the dining room. We sat with another couple from Easley and we really enjoyed talking with them. After lunch I entered the slot tournament but I didn’t get enough points to be a finalist. I will have another try on the last sea day. Then we went to the cabin to rest until it was tea time. Roberta sent us a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and they were scrumptious!

There was a nice tea in Cleopatra’s Lounge and I had a scone with my tea. We met another couple from Charlotte, NC (Nancy and Lee) and we enjoyed talking with them. By this time, it was time to get ready for the Captain’s celebration (met the captain and senior crew) and then dinner. I was really surprised to find that there wasn’t a full length mirror or a hair dryer in our cabin. Luckily I was able to get a hair dryer from the cabin steward and he said it was the only one that he had left.

022We met the Captain and I even had a picture taken with him. We also met Baris’s wife Fatma who is the food and beverage director.

It was formal night at dinner and I love seeing everyone dressed up. It was really cute seeing the little girls and boys all dressed up. I had lobster and prime rib for dinner. Baris brought Fatma to our table for a picture. Another lady, Sandy (from Myrtle Beach) joined our table. She was all alone because her friend from VA who was supposed to come with her arrived at the port without a passport and only brought an uncertified copy of her birth certificate so they wouldn’t let her come. So, Sandy had to leave her behind and came alone so she didn’t lose her money.

After dinner we went to the show which was really cute. We sat next a nice couple from Birmingham, AL. She is a retired school teacher and he used to own a bunch of Baskin and Robbins. I wanted to go to the comedy show after that but it was packed and there weren’t any seats available so we just went back to our cabin for the night.

No comments: