My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Carnival Fantasy – Freeport, Bahamas 1/30/11

(For more pictures, click here.)

029 As usual, I got on the internet for 15 minutes and then walked on the treadmill for an hour before waking Don up. He was really tired this morning. We ate breakfast in the dining room and had a nice chat with Baris. Then we sat out on the deck for awhile and ended up taking a short nap before we headed into Port Lucaya. We were docked at Freeport Harbour and it cost $5 per person for the taxi ride to Port Lucaya. We walked around the straw market, saw the lighthouse, walked along the beach before stopping for a few beers at 044 Rum Runners Bar (2 Coronas for $5). We at lunch at Unexso (2 grilled cheese sandwich plates with French fries and 1 diet coke came to $14.95). After one more beer at Rum Runners, we took the cab back to the harbor and walked around the straw market. Once on the ship we shared a pastrami sandwich from the deli and then it was time to get ready for the evening. We went to the past guest party and I had a nice chat with Fatma, Baris’s wife. Dinner was nice and after walking around the ship, we headed back to the cabin. When we got back to the cabin, we noticed that Don’s feet and legs were really swollen (like we noticed yesterday too) and we are a little concerned. When we get back into Charleston, we will probably call the doctor if the swelling hadn’t gone down. Then we watched the movie The Sorcerer’s Apprentice with Nicholas Cage which was a really cute movie.

No comments: