Thank you everyone for your patience while reading about our trip out west. I hope I haven’t bored you with all the details and memories but it was a great trip and I learned so much! As I wind up the trip I thought I would share with you some statistics from our trip that I found interesting! Please come back next week for my regular educational topic posts!
1. Days on the road: 62
2. States traveled through: 9 different states
3. Miles traveled: 11,500
4. Amount spent on gas: $845
5. Things learned: impossible to number!
6. Budget: 61% spent on lodging, 26% spent on food, 8% spent on gas, 5% spent on other.
7. National Parks visited: 11 - Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Glacier, Arches, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, Great Sand Dunes,
8. National Monuments: 7 - Devils Tower, Craters of the Moon, Timpanagos Cave, Pipe Springs, Cedar Breaks,, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Natural Bridges
9. Wildlife seen: buffalo, big horned sheep, black bear, grizzly bear, coyote, ducks, birds, eagles, hawks, mountain goats, marmots, prairie dogs, 1 snake
10. Nights camping: 7
11. Tires purchased: 2
12. Oil changes: 1
13. Average daily cost for 2 people: $173