My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, September 22, 2008

A Dream I Never Achieved

Blog Prompt: A dream or goal you failed to achieve

When I graduated college I had a minor in French and had thought about working for the United Nations as an interpreter. I took four years of French in high school and loved it. For me, it was easy and I didn’t seem to hardly study. Even during college I was good enough to tutor others so they could pass the required course. My big problem was that I was shy and hated to speak the language. I was so afraid of how stupid I sounded and had a lot of problems with the accent. I was willing to fail the course if it required that I speak the language but luckily it never came to that. We have been to Paris, France and I was lucky enough to remember a lot of my basic words to get around and reminisce about what I had studied. Learning languages are fun for me and I’ve studied basic words in Spanish and Italian. Next month I will be taking a course in Beginning Chinese and I’m so excited. I hope that some of it will stick and that I won’t be afraid to speak it.

No comments: