My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Great Adventure 2011 Montana – 7/26/11

021For more pictures, click HERE

We headed for Glacier National Park early in the morning and spent the day driving on the Going to the Sun Road. I was surprised when we got up to Logan’s Pass how cold it was. It was actually snowing and sleeting on us! The scenery was absolutely beautiful and due to the snow melting, there were waterfalls all around us. There was lots of construction on the road so we had many delays involving stopping on the road and waiting for the road to clear. I didn’t mind this because I was able to take plenty of pictures. It was funny to see people in shorts and tshirts when their lips turned blue! We didn’t stop a lot but really enjoyed the trip. We went to a café in Babb, MT for lunch and the food was good.

What I Learned Today:
· There is still snow in higher elevations in July!
· Some people just don’t know how to dress in different types of weather and insist on wearing shorts in July even if it is snowing.
· Snow melting in the mountains create magnificent waterfalls!
· Montana is a beautiful state and the people are nice here too!

crossposted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).
Original Photo: by Pat Hensley

No comments: