My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lentil Soup

My lentil soup was a hit! Hubby and I had three helpings.

LentilSoup Ingredients

  • 5/8 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 3/8 bay leaf
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 3/8 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 2/3 cup dry lentils
  • 5 cups water
  • Diced yellow squash
  • Diced zucchini squash
  • salt to taste
  • ground black pepper to taste

Directions

1. In a large soup pot, stir in lentils, water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 30 minutes. Add squash. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

No comments: