My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, May 07, 2010

Pisgah Forest Camping 5/5-5/6

004 We got up to Davidson River campground and set up our tent before meeting up with our hiking group. There were 7 of us and we hiked the Caney Bottom Loop Trail that started at the Cove Creek Group Campground. Seeing all of the pink lady slippers was a highlight to start off the hike. We had a few creek crossings and two of the ladies turned back at the first crossing but the rest of us went on. It took us about 3 hours and afterwards we went to Dolly’s for ice cream. After eating ice cream, the others drove back home and we went geocaching. We found all three that we were looking for which gave me lots more confidence to try more. We drove up to Pisgah Inn for dinner and then returned back to our campsite to enjoy a wonderful campfire.

007 Today we got up early and went for breakfast in Brevard. Then we hiked up to Looking Glass Rock which whipped my butt today. First of all, I tried a new water bladder in my pack and it had a disgusting taste and I wouldn’t drink any water from it, which left me only a small bottle of water. It was almost 4 miles straight up to the rock face and I was afraid I wouldn’t make it. I really struggled today but when we got to the top and ate a good lunch (peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apple, and some candy) I felt much better. Coming down the mountain was much easier for me. After the hike, we went to Sycamore Flats picnic area and waded in the river. Boy, did that make my feet feel so good! Then we went to the Cardinal Drive In for an early dinner but it was not good at all. Next we went back to look at the pink lady slippers and drove up a dirt road and explored. All in all, it was a good day!

No comments: