My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Great Adventure 2011 Idaho – 8/4/11

014For more pictures, click HERE

We went to a place called Pickles for breakfast and just the name made me smile. After that we drove to the Experimental Breeder Reactor #1 (EBR-1) and took a self guided tour. It was really interesting. After that we drove through Atomic City which is an almost ghost town of 25 people but it has a brand new 3 bay fire station. When we left there, we drove to Blackfoot, ID to the World Largest Potato Museum. Then we drove to Utah!

I had hoped to visit my online friend, Jaedee, in Ogden when we stopped to see Hill AFB air museum. Unfortunately we drove for hours before we were able to find a hotel room. There was some outdoor convention of 25,000+ people so it was almost impossible to find a room. We finally found a room at the Quality Inn in Payson, ID. For dinner we went to Daltons which was wonderful. We had a dinner for two for only $20. We decided to stay tomorrow night too and go to the Salmon Supper which is an annual event here in Payson. Tomorrow morning, I will try to get us cave tour tickets to the Timpanogos Cave National Monument.

What I Learned Today:
· The EBR-1 is a great place to visit and it was free.
· Idaho is a beautiful place but we didn’t see a lot that we wanted to stop and see.
· Rush hour in Salt Lake City on I-15 is awful!
· The HOV 2+ lane was toll free.
Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).
Original Photo: by Pat Hensley

No comments: