My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, February 11, 2008

Umbrella Day

Blog Prompt: Feb. 10 was Umbrella Day. Do you use an umbrella? If so, describe your favorite umbrella. (Is it a plain one or a fancy one? What design does it have?)


I have to be honest, but I hate using umbrellas. By the time I get it open and get to the car, then I have to close it and find a place to put it where it won't make everything wet, I'm soaked. If I get it before I get out of the car, then I have to open it before I get my stuff out and when I try to reach for my stuff, the umbrella gets caught in the roof and door and I look like a remake of an I Love Lucy show! Once I had a huge blue and white golf umbrella that I won when I somehow crashed a golf party (that is another long story) and it was almost as tall as me and my students used to tease me that it would cover the whole class in a rainstorm. Of course I didn't use it much because it was just too big. I do have a small black compact umbrella that I bring with me on trips in case we will be out in the rain walking for a long time. But I never actually take it with me because then I don't want to have to carry it if the rain stops. I guess the bottom line is that I'm just too lazy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I can't log onto the DSP site at all tonight. I'm wondering if it is just me or if the server is down?

Tammy said...

You and I agree about the umbrellas. I don't want to use them or get out in the rain anyway!! Would love to hear about you crashing a party Pat. That I am sure is a great story.

Unknown said...

A second on the party crashing here. LOL.

I think you have stated all the reasons I don't use an umbrella.