My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Which Museum Would I Visit?

On the seventeenth day of December I wanted to visit a Museum of Art OR a Museum of Natural History.

I would definitely visit the Museum of Natural History. I am not an art connoisseur and would totally embarrass myself. I like the impressionist art like Monet and some sculptures but that is about it. Once I took my husband to the Guggenheim Museum in NY because I remember going there when I was in school. The artist featured was Miro and if you have seen any Miro work, you will understand why my good ol’ country boy husband was not impressed. He spent the whole time saying our children did work like this and how could anyone spend thousands of dollars buying this junk. Then an elderly lady in a mink coat and enough jewels on her fingers to blind you turned to him and said, “Young man, I own a some of Miro’s work and they are hanging in my house!” Then my darling hubby replied, “Well lady, you got ripped off!” At that time, I grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the museum before we got thrown out. But I love Museums of Natural History and New York and Washington DC’s Smithsonian are great ones to visit. I find them totally fascinating and also safe because I know my husband won’t embarrass the dickens out of me!

2 comments:

Glynis said...

LOL That's a great story and with him...some of that 'art' is totally not up my alley, either!

Unknown said...

LOL. I am so with your hubby on this one. I love art, but some of it... kids do better work.