My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, September 14, 2007

Makeup Blog Prompts for the week


I've been in the Smokies all week camping and hiking (here is a picture I took), so I played catch-up in today's post:

Tuesday blog prompt: Real Finds. Have you ever bought anything on the spur of the moment, something you weren't sure you would ever use, then realized you came home with a gem?
We go to flea markets as much as possible and my hubby believes that every piece of junk (I mean treasure) will be useful one day. He collects postcards and buys them if they are a dollar or less and then he comes home to usually find out they are worth more than that. I usually buy things that look pretty or unique so we can hang it up in our playroom. The last big thing we bought on the spur of the moment was our car. We were supposed to just go shopping to look at the Prius but within hours drove it off the car lot. We weren’t sure that we made the right decision but now 6 months later, we are really happy with our choice because it has saved us lots of gas money which means we get to travel more!

Thursday blog prompt: Self-motivation. Ever get in a rut and didn't feel like you would ever get out? What did you do to pull yourself up and out?
Most of the time I tell my hubby my problem and he tries to give me suggestions on how to get out of it. Usually he comes up with something that works. A lot of times I get online and try to read inspiration emails or websites to find out about new things. I also read the paper to see if there are any new things happening locally and then talk my hubby into doing it with me. Sometimes I suggest we call some friends that we haven’t seen in awhile and invite them out to dinner.

Friday blog prompt: Beauty Secrets. What beauty secrets do you use (no matter how unusual)?
I have never been and will never be any great beauty hence, there are no beauty secrets from me. The only things I can even think of suggesting are:
• When I feel bloated or fat, I wear my shirts outside my pants or a sweatshirt.
• I heard that vertical stripes make you look thinner.
• If I’m having a bad hair day, I wear a ball cap.
• I have used Listerine in the winter to help with my dandruff because I have eczema.

3 comments:

ArcaneFaery said...

I tagged you for a blog meme! It's listed on my blog. My brother is in the Smokies this week too!!!! I would LOVE to be in the smokies!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous picture. Hope you had a grand time. And we went on a spur of the moment shopping spree tonight, LOL. I like your suggestions for pulling yourself up and out. And I have never heard about using listerine for eczema. Cool

Glynis said...

Listerine? I use Seabreeze; it's probably the alcohol in that does what it's supposed to. I'll try mouthwash next time I'm in a pinch!